Code of Conduct
3DC Code of Conduct¶
As a member of the 3DC organization, you are part of a club that endeavours to further the programming community in SUTD where students can learn, explore, build and create free from harassment or abuse of any form. Students will also have to abide by the SUTD Honour Code
As a member of 3DC, I pledge to make participation in our community an experience free from harrassment and abuse for all students regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, level of experience and education level. I pledge to do my utmost to espouse the values of the club as well as abide by the SUTD Honour Code.
Examples of behavior that contributes to a positive environment for our community include:
- Demonstrating empathy and kindness toward learners of varying backgrounds
- Asking questions that benefit other student learners
- Being respectful of differing opinions, viewpoints, and experiences
- Asking other members politely if you are obstructing their learning experience
- Keeping feedback constructive
Examples of unacceptable behavior include:
- Making sexual advancements of any kind
- Calling out other members for asking "stupid questions"
- Insulting or derogatory remarks, and personal or political attacks
- Public or private harassment
- Doxxing, publishing others’ private information, such as a physical or email address, without their explicit permission
- Other conduct which could reasonably be considered inappropriate in a professional setting
3DC EXCO members are responsible for clarifying and enforcing our standards of acceptable behavior and will take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any behavior that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
3DC EXCO have the right and responsibility to remove, edit, or reject comments, messages, commits, code, wiki edits, issues, and other contributions that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, and will communicate reasons for moderation decisions when appropriate.
The 3DC EXCO team will also reserve the right to expel members from all 3DC groups, channels and programmes should said members contravene our code of conduct.
This Code of Conduct applies within all community spaces, and also applies when an individual is officially representing the community in public spaces. Examples of representing our community include using an official e-mail address, posting via an official social media account, or acting as an appointed representative at an online or offline event.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported to the 3DC Exco Team for enforcement at [email protected]. All complaints will be reviewed and investigated promptly and fairly.
All EXCO Team Members are obligated to respect the privacy and security of the reporter of any incident.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 2.0, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/2/0/code_of_conduct.html.
Community Impact Guidelines were inspired by Mozilla's code of conduct enforcement ladder.
Getting help with a violation or incident
If for any reason, you feel unsafe, unwelcome or uncomfortable as a result of an interaction during a 3DC organized event, ways to report the incident and get support are listed below
- Contact @rphly or email at [email protected]